Friday, September 18, 2009

I don't like being alone, not at all

They turned off all the lights and left me. I heard them over my head. I don't want to be alone. I want to be with them. Near them, but not too close...... I tried to knock down the pen. I started crying. Please don't leave me alone. The Big Oaf came down and sniffed at my pen. The lady called him and he left. I was alone again. I cried some more. The Big Oaf never came back, but I heard him cry a little too. Did he miss me? I cried some more.

When it got light again, I waited. I heard them over my head and I started crying. Please, come down. I don't want to be alone. I cried and cried and cried. Finally the lady and the Big Oaf came down. They went outside and then they came back. It was my turn. I was so happy. I didn't want to eat, so the lady took my dish away and put up the little fence and I could be with them. I was happy. But, then she took away my crate into the room beyond the little fence. And then she put my pen on the floor and started making lots of noise. I got scared and kept walking and walking and walking. I jumped on one of the soft places and she said "off". I jumped to the next one and knocked things on the floor with a loud bang. I was so scared. What will she do? What will I do? What? What? What? The lady cornered me by the shiny place where the water comes out and put my leash on me. She moved the little fence. Oh good we are going outside! Oh no, I don't want to go in the crate. She made the Big Oaf stay with me and put up the little fence again. I was scared. She still made the noises and more noises. But the Big Oaf was with me. He wasn't scared. He looks out for me. Maybe, I'll be okay.

She let us back in the room. My pen was back in it's place and a new crate, a see-thru one was there. The lady put me in the new crate and took the Big Oaf outside. I was alone. But not for too long. When they came back I was so happy. Must have wagged my tail, because the lady got all happy and said I did. After I walked outside and was a good girl, I got some food and they left. I was hungry so I ate it all pretty fast. The lady came back and let me out. We went up the stairs to the little room. I went to my usual spot and laid down. Put my head on the lady's paw. Then, I got up and sat beside her, put my head on her knee. She touched me on my shoulder and scratched a little. At first I was scared, but it felt good. I leaned against her hand. Then I didn't know what to do. I went back to my spot. Sometimes I would sit up and put my head on her knee and she would scratch behind my ear, or touch my face. I liked that.

No comments: