Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Still Haven't Been Eaten

Maybe I won't be eaten. I'm still pretty scared. I kinda know how they do things here. In the morning (loooong after sunrise) the lady takes me for a walk and feeds me. Then she takes the Crazed Dog for his walk. I usually don't eat right away, so she goes upstairs after Crazed Dog eats. If she leaves before he finishes, he follows her. He doesn't want to eat alone? He's Crazy Crazed. I won't eat when humans are there. They might get angry and yell at me for eating. This morning I finished my food. I don't like to be left out of things. I hear the Lady talking to Crazed Dog. He's probably wiggling his butt and being all happy. He always acts happy. All wigglebutt and happy mouth. I've never seen a grown dog act so happy all the time. Maybe I can get out if I hit the door with my paw. Okay, I'll hit a little harder. Ooooh, the lady and Crazed Dog are looking down at me. I run back into my crate.

They come down and put up the fence by the stairs. The lady opens my pen door. I run out and sniff Crazed Dog's ear. The lady is all happy with me. Everybody in this place acts happy. The lady makes that noise humans make they think something is funny or they are happy. The humans at Metra used to make that noise too. I'd never heard it before. So the lady and the Crazed Dog play on the soft ground. The big oaf tries to stand on his head while wiggling his butt. He's such a dufus! I was a little bit scared. Walked around alot. Sometimes I'd walk over near them to watch. It looked like fun, but I don't know.....

The Big Oaf laid down. The lady left. NO! Don't leave me here alone with him. He's going eat me. He jumped up, I ran. But, he just went over to the fence and watched up the stairs for her. I stood behind him and watched for the lady to come back. She came back with a slim red box, sat down at the human eating place and started making those clicky-clacky sounds again. I walked around & around & around. Then, laid down. I'd get up and walk around then lay down. Each time I got a little closer to the lady. The Big Oaf was asleep on the ground next to her. I laid down on the other side. The lady acted happy. She didn't make any human noises. She knew I was there, so I guess she won't hurt me. Maybe it's okay if I lay here?

It got hot. The lady took us each for a walk, then we all went upstairs to that other room. I went under the table and laid right down. But this time I stretched out. Every so often I would touch the lady with my nose. Nothing happened. She didn't get angry or yell at me. Sometimes she'd say "good girl", but not always. The Big Oaf laid down behind her. Sometimes he'd get up and be all wiggly next to her. She'd touch him and say "good boy".

The nice man came after dinner. The lady took me down the hard slippery stairs. She kept telling me "good girl". She said she sees some agility in my future. What's that? Will it eat me? She gave him my leash and the Big Oaf had to stay there too. Then it happened!! Vroom, Vroom noises over my head. The Big Oaf turned into Crazed Dog again. I was scared. I don't like those Vroom Vroom sounds. It must be something really bad because Crazed Dog was really crazed. I walked in circles the whole time. Finally, the noises stopped and the lady came to take us back to where I live now. What happened to all my hair? It was right here on the soft ground. It's not there, it's not on the slippery floor either. Wait! There's none in my crate or the pen.

This is a very strange place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testing