Friday, September 25, 2009

My trip to the scary place.....

This morning was like any other day. Well at least to start. The Big Oaf and Foster Mom went out first, then it was my turn. Except when I went in my crate, there was no food. How can I make all gone and get out of here if there is nothing to eat? Foster Mom was walking around getting stuff and she carried my old crate downstairs and outside. She came back and got me. We went up to the big red thing and she opened the door. My crate was there on the soft place. "Come on, Blue" and she threw a yummy piece on the low part. Oh no! I don't want to do that now. She tugged my leash. Nope, I want to eat and play with the Big Oaf. We were there forever. Nope. I wasn't gonna budge. Foster Mom put my crate in the room with the moving wall and made me get in. The nice man came and they picked me up and put my crate in the big red thing. What's going on? I'm getting scared.....

The big red thing moved, just like the big yellow bus. I watched to see where we were going. Finally, we stopped and Foster Mom got out and left me. Left me all alone! She came back and got in the big red thing next to me. She opened up my crate and put on my leashes. Then we both got out. SLAM! That scared me, but I followed Foster Mom. Where is she taking me? It smells funny. What will happen to me? I don't want to go away again. I like Foster Mom and the Big Oaf. I was sooooo scared. She went to the other side and opened the door. I jumped back in the big red thing. Right up onto the soft place, then over to where Foster Mom sits and down on the ground. I was so scared. The big red thing smells like Foster Mom and the Big Oaf. I want to stay here. SLAM! Foster Mom is coming, she's over me, she stopped moving and tried to wiggle a little. Next thing I knew the big soft thing made a noise and started moving away from me. Then, Foster Mom opened the door and she was sitting on the ground.

A lady came along and helped Foster Mom to stand up tall. Foster Mom made me get out of the car. I tried not to, but she pulled hard on the leash. I jumped out and headed towards the woods. "Come on Blue" and she pulled me towards the building with the other lady. We went in, the ground was slippery. I kept trying to go back outside, but Foster Mom pulled me along and we went into a room. I was so scared. I had an accident.

Another lady came in. I was scared, but she seemed nice. She was down on the floor and talked to Foster Mom. Even when she stood up tall, she didn't look at me and she kept turning her head away from me. She had good manners! She handed Foster Mom something. Foster Mom came over to me, and gently slipped something over my muzzle. I couldn't open my mouth. I got scared. They made me get on the cold board and clipped something on my collar. I couldn't move. I kept looking at Foster Mom and she didn't seem upset. The polite lady put something cold on my chest and tummy. I jumped a little, cause it was cold. She touched me all over. Another lady came and then they stuck me with something so that I bled into a little bottle. Ooooh. It hurt, but I didn't cry. The ladies talked to each other but not to me. They didn't look at me either. I kept looking at Foster Mom and she would look at me sometimes and move her mouth in that happy human way.

Finally, they let me off the cold board and I ran over to Foster Mom, then I walked around and around and around and around. The ladies left. Foster Mom took off the soft thing holding my mouth closed and started talking in a soft voice. Not to me, but just outloud. I think humans call it reading. I don't know what she was saying, but I felt better hearing her voice so I sat down near her to listen and watch. Some other ladies came in and out. They would look at me and talk to me. I got scared - do they want to eat me? Are they going to hurt me? Why are they looking at me? So I ran to the other corner to hide.

Finally we got to leave. I ran to the big red thing and jumped right into my crate as soon as Foster Mom opened the big red door. She fixed up my leashes and locked up the crate, then went back in the building. No! No! Come back. She came back and made the big red thing move. When we stopped moving and the big red thing stopped making noise, Foster Mom got out and opened the door, she came in like before and then tried to get me out. Nope! I'm not moving. Where are you taking me now? What is going to happen to me? What! She closed up my crate and left. Where are you going? Come Back!! When she came back and opened the door, Big Oaf jumped in and looked at me. I was soooooo glad to see him. Foster Mom made him leave and she shut the door. This time when she opened the crate I ran out, she opened the big red door and I jumped down to be with Big Oaf. Then, I knew where I was! I ran as fast as I could to the house. Come on, Foster Mom, faster, faster. I was sooooo happy, my tail was wagging and everything. Big Oaf ran after me and he kept smelling me. I must have smelled like that bad place....


No comments: