Thursday, September 17, 2009

I was alone, all alone.....

The day started normal with our walks and the lady putting me in the pen with my dish of food. She and the Big Oaf went upstairs. I wasn't hungry. I wanted to be with them. I tried to open the door. I couldn't. I kept trying, but the lady didn't come like she came before. I started making noises in my throat. Still no one came. I made louder noises, I really whined. Almost as bad as that Big Oaf does. Still the lady did not come.

Finally, she is here! Oh good, I can get out and be with everyone! What? Back in my crate? Why? I want to be in the action. The lady has a box that makes noise. The noise is not loud, it doesn't scare me. Then she puts a black thing around the Big Oaf's chest and behind his legs. And, they leave. Guess he's getting another walk. What about me? They are gone a really long time. The box makes noises.

I've never in my whole life been totally alone. There were always other dogs, lots of other dogs, around. I could hear them, smell them. I was always the bottom dog. The others would steal my food, even at Metra. When Donita found out, she made them go in their kennels so I could eat. But, I have never been all alone. It's scary. It's been such a long time and no one is here.

Finally, I hear the wall move and the lady comes in. She leaves and comes back right away with the Big Oaf. He runs up to my pen all wigglebutt. The lady lets me out of my crate and the pen. I am free to run around the rooms. I walk and walk and walk. I sniff Big Oaf. He smells like another dog. He really smells like another dog. Was he in a fight? He's not hurt. I keep smelling him. The lady says "Eau de Brutus". Huh? He gets down on this front legs with his wigglebutt in the air. He keeps acting like a puppy who wants to play. He's really goofy today. He finally lays down.

After a while the Big Oaf gets up and starts tossing those things that are always laying around in the air. He makes some of them squeak. He's all wiggly butt happy. He goes down on his front legs and sticks his wigglebutt in the air. He has one of those squeaky things in front of him. He's a giant puppy, he's so silly. I can't help myself, I went down on my front legs and hopped around. My tail wagged. Then, I got scared and backed up. He grabbed the squeaky thing and stuck it in my face. I pretended to grab it. My tail started wagging again. I just couldn't help it. He's so silly. I got scared and froze. The lady said you "you go girl". I wagged my tail again and tried to grab the toy. Then the Big Oaf ran away with it. Kept looking back to see if I was chasing him. I got scared, so I started walking around again.

The lady went over to the Big Oaf and started touching him. He was all wiggly butt with her. He tried to stand on his head, but fell over. Then he rolled over and the lady was touching his belly and he was acting all happy. Not scared or afraid. Very strange.

No comments: