Monday, September 14, 2009

Max Here, We Have a Situation.....

Hi. Max here. I'm the resident Aussie. Mom and Uncle Greg brought a new dog home. They wouldn't let me check her out. Mom knows I have to check everything. She brings a Walmart bag home, it's my job to check it. I look at, but cannot touch the grocery store bags. She moves a chair, I check it. She knows it's my job to check anything new in this house, in the yard, in the neighborhood.... Finally when Uncle Greg was there they let me check out the dog they call Blue. OK Mom, she can stay. Scaredy little thing. Okay Mom, let's play. I'll do a headstand. Look Mom, I'm doing a headstand and wiggling my butt. Play with me. Uncle Greg, play with me.

Mom put Blue dog in her pen with her dinner. What, no sit-stay to eat? Have to go upstairs with Mom. I go wherever she goes. She puts that silly baby gate across the stairs. She knows I can jump it. But, I am not allowed to jump it.

What's that noise? Better check it out. Sounds like trouble. I can see Blue dog from the balconey. Looks like trouble. Gotta check it out. Stupid baby gate. Not allowed to jump it. Another noise. Okay, removing baby gate. I'm coming Blue! Uh-oh she's stuck. I can't fix it. Mom is calling me. I need an opposable thumb. Aussies should have thumbs. We could fix anything with a thumb. Gotta get Mom. Mom, hurry. No, Mom you have to come. Oops. Not supposed to jump on Mom. I push her knees. Ooops, not supposed to do that either. I run back to Blue. Mom's coming little girl. She's got one of those thumbs. She'll get you loose. Mom look: Trouble. Mom reaches to unhook her. Tells me away. But, I got to help. "No Max away" she says. Okay Mom. Mom did it! Blue is unstuck. Mom gets her out of the pen. Yells for Uncle Greg down in the basement. I'll get him Mom. You need him? Uncle Greg comes up and Mom takes off Blue's collar. Something about her Rabies tag hook being left open. Mom and Uncle Greg fix up the collar. Uncle Greg can fix anything. He has lots of tools.

So later, Mom puts Blue in her crate and says "night-night". We go upstairs. Mom puts stupid baby gate across the stairs. Mom goes to bed. I take my spot on my rug. We all go to sleep. What's that noise? It's outside. Gotta check it out. Oh those dumb cats. They are fighting again. Hey, knock it off! I said knock it off! "Max, sssssh". Okay Mom. Wait! Is Blue dog okay? Can those cats get her? I better check it out. Stupid baby gate. Not allowed to jump it, so I'll have to remove it, again. "Maaaaaax". I'll be right back Mom. Have to check on Blue. She's in her crate. I'll look thru the holes in the side. You okay girl? Hi Mom, she's okay. Grammy doesn't like you to say that word. I'm going to check the house. Do a full perimeter search. No cats. Doors and windows shut tight. Blue's sitting up in the corner of her crate. Looks scared. Okay girl, I'll stay with you. I'll lay right here in front of your pen and watch.

Okay Mom, you go back to bed. I'll stay here til I know order is restored. Grammy doesn't like that word either. What? We are going to paint the wall? I can help. Do you want to do it now? All is quiet. I report to my usual post on the rug next to Mom's bed. Stupid baby gate is behind the door where it belongs. Better tell her I'm back. Mom, Mom..... She can't hear me. Have to make sure her ear is okay. Boy, it's a good thing Grammy's not here. Mom would be in trouble.

No comments: