Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I don't think they are going to eat me...

After my walk this morning the lady put my dish in the pen and went upstairs, like usual. Of course that Big Oaf had to follow her. I was all alone. I don't like to be alone. I want to be around the action. I hit the door with my paw, but it wouldn't open. I tried again and again. Finally, I heard the lady and the Big Oaf above me. They were looking down from the high perch. I ran back in my crate, but just had to look back to see if they were still there. They were. The lady made that strange noise humans make when they are happy. They went away, but I didn't hear them come down the stairs. I watched and listened. Suddenly they were coming. I got scared. Ran back in my crate. Then popped my head out. The lady came over to me and let me out. I ran around the room. Sniffed the Big Oaf. And walked around and around and around. The lady picked up my dish and put it on my crate. I didn't eat. If I don't eat right away she takes away my food.

We spent all day in the place with my crate. The lady left then came back and made big flashes of light. Like lightening. I don't like lightening. I got scared when she made lightening. I walked around and around and around. I'm still scared and not sure of what's going on. Sometimes I would lay down. I lay near the lady. I don't understand humans, I don't know what they are going to do. But, I think this lady is nice. Like the ladies at Metra. Sometimes I touch her and she lets me.

After a long time, the Big Oaf went over to the soft ground and started throwing things on the ground in the air. Some of the things made squeaky noises. He would pounce on them and make them squeak. His butt was wiggling the whole time. He was acting all happy. He looked like a giant puppy. Dogs don't get to play. Only puppies play. But he is a big dog and he plays? Once I went over to him and he got down on his front paws with his wigglebutt in the area. Just like a puppy who wants to play. I couldn't help myself, I lunged back at him and he started to chase me. Then I got scared. Is he mad, will he hurt me? The lady made that happy human noise and said "good girl".

We went for our walk and the lady put me in the crate with my dish. She and the Big Oaf (of course) went up the stairs. Can she go anywhere without him? It was dark and the nice man came. He let me out of the pen. I made two circles of the room and then remembered the lady and Big Oaf was up the stairs, so I ran up there. She was in the little room. I went under her clicky clacky. The man came up and tried to pet me. I didn't bite him, and I am not so terrified any more. Just a little scared when they touch me. The lady said I can't be out of my pen without my leash. No, I don't like leashes! The man went away and called the Big Oaf. Then the Big Oaf was back. He had my wire leash around his neck. Dang! The lady put the leash on me. It's okay. I'm happy to stay right here. I touched the lady a couple of times. One time I put my chin on her leg, just like the Big Oaf does. When he does that she touches him. NO! She might touch me. She might get mad at me. She didn't do anything. But, I pulled my head back - what was I thinking? The lady said "Blue, you are a sweet girl" in that nice soft voice I like.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll try that again, another day.

No comments: